- Another Sweet Ride: The No. 42 Dodge will once again carry the signature yellow scheme of Juicy Fruit gum for this weekend’s race at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). Montoya will pilot the Juicy Fruit Slim Pack Dodge for the eighth time this season.
- About last week: Montoya finished 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) race at Auto Club Speedway on Sunday evening. Montoya started the 250-lap event from the 23rd position, ran as high as seventh before driving his No. 42 Dodge to a top-20 finish.
- Richmond History: Montoya will be making his fourth start at the Richmond short track this weekend. He started a career-best sixth at the .75-mile track in May, but was collected in a multi-car incident on lap 231 that forced the No. 42 Dodge behind the wall for repairs. The No. 42 crew repaired the damaged Dodge in 20 laps and then sent Montoya back on the track to take the checkered flag in 32nd place.
- Montoya competed in the two races as a rookie at RIR last year and finished 26th and 41st in the events. Montoya started with a fairly strong top-15 run through the first 100 laps of the April race of 2007, but a tap from the No. 12 car on lap 119 sent the No. 42 up into the No. 70 car. The incident dropped them back to 38th place, but the team stuck it out to call it a day in 26th. He lined up 15th at RIR one year ago and proceeded to maintain a top-15 run the entire first half of the race. Then, on lap 242, the No. 42 Dodge was running 10th when a multi-car accident left Montoya with no way to escape as he was hit from behind and pushed into the car ahead of him. Fortunately, Montoya escaped the crash unscathed, but the No. 42 was damaged beyond repair and called it a night in 41st place.
- Testing: Montoya, Crew Chief Brian Pattie, Engineer Billy Curwood and the CGRFS test team traveled to The Milwaukee Mile this week. Montoya is testing Tuesday and Wednesday as the team continues to work on the COT car and prepare for the final 11 races on the 2008 schedule.
- 2008 Standings: Montoya maintained his position in the NSCS standings with his 20th-place finish last weekend in California. He currently sits 21st in the driver standings with 11 races remaining on the 2008 schedule.
- He’s “SIRIUS” Again: For the second year in a row, listen to SIRIUS Satellite Radio every Tuesday on channel 128 for the “Juan Pablo Montoya Report.” Montoya will provide exclusive updates on the No. 42 Team; give post-race downloads and share his thoughts on the events of the season. He will also chat with hosts David Poole and Mike Bagley on “The Morning Drive” every Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. ET.
No. 42 Juicy Fruit Slim Pack Dodge (NSCS): Chassis #817. This will be jus the second start for chassis #817 this season. Montoya raced this car earlier this season at RIR where he started the race sixth and finished 32nd.